Welcome to the seventh edition of The Blind Bulletin, the new format for Blind News Victoria. In this edition:
- Upcoming Described Events in Victoria
- Canadian Federation of the Blind (CFB) Christmas Holiday Social in Victoria
- Free Christmas Dinners in Victoria
Upcoming Described Events in Victoria
Here’s a couple of described upcoming events you may want to attend.
1. A free Descriptive Tour will be provided at the Artists with Disabilities Showcase
Tuesday, December 3rd from 2-3,
Flux Media Gallery 821 Fort Street. (next door to the DRC)
No need to pre-register.
2. Every brilliant thing worth living for.
Vocal Eye Described performance
Sunday, Dec 15 at 2 pm
Belfry Theatre, 1291 Gladstone Avenue, Victoria
VocalEye users and their companions are eligible for a 25% ticket discount.
Please call 250-385-6815 to purchase.
This performance will be followed by a Touch Tour.
> She writes lists. Lists that she hopes will inspire her mother to see the joy in life. She’s been writing these lists since she was seven. A heartrending yet hopeful play about the lengths we go to for those we love. In a transformed Belfry – with the help of you, the audience – she will deliver a list of all the things that make life worth living, starting with ice cream.
Become a Victoria Society for Blind Arts and Culture Member
If you would like to receive emails about upcoming Arts and Cultural events directly from the Victoria Society for Blind Arts and Culture, such as these, we ask that you join the Victoria Society for Blind Arts and Culture. Membership is just $5 a year. To join or to find out if your membership is still current, contact Linda at 250-595-5888 or reply to this email. Sighted folks are welcome to join.
Canadian Federation of the Blind (CFB) Christmas Holiday Social in Victoria
Come join Victoria’s CFB group and celebrate the holidays. Everyone is welcome.
When: Saturday, December 7, 2019 at 6 pm.
Where: Spice Jammer, 852 Fort St., Victoria, B.C.
You can read the menu at:
Please RSVP no later than December 1st to
This will be our third and last social at Spice Jammer since the chef is retiring and the restaurant is closing.
We’d love it if you can come and celebrate with us! Cheers!
Free Christmas Dinners in Victoria
Please find below a list of the Christmas Dinners in Victoria this year, courtesy of the Action Committee of Persons with Disabilities.
Free Christmas Dinners
- Daily through Dec 8:30 to 10 am at the 9-10 Club Soup Kitchen @ 740 View St. Except
Christmas day. (778) 440-7687.
- Dec 11 4:30 pm Christmas Dinner and Dec 14 – Annual Chili Supper with music by The Turnpike Bandits & Friends – 1 to 5 pm – Downtown Community Centre, 755 Pandora. (250) 383-0076.
- Dec 5 – The Burnside Gorge Community Centre Christmas Dinner – from 5 pm. Must register please call (250) 388-5251. Families only.
- Dec 21 – 8:30 to 10:00 am – Street Breakfast (The Mustard Seed) at Glad Tidings Church, 1800 Quadra (entrance on Caledonia). Phone: (250) 384-7633.
- Dinners every Friday – Street Café – Dec 6, 13, 20 and 27 at 5:30 pm and Saturday Dec 7, 14, 21 and 28 at 4:30 pm @ The Mustard Seed, 625 Queens Avenue. Phone: (250) 953-1575.
- Dec 20 – 4 to 6 pm – Gordy Dodd’s Annual Christmas Dinner – @ Our Place 919 Pandora Avenue. Phone: (250) 388-6663.
- Dec 25 12 pm – Christmas Dinner – turkey, gravy, potato and dessert @ the Rainbow Kitchen 500 Admirals Street (Church entrance). Phone: (250)384-2069.
- Dec 25 – Christmas Luncheon 11:30 to 2 pm @ 809 Burdett Ave (Sandy Merriman House). (250) 480-1408.
- Dec 25th from 12 – 2 pm 680 Courtney Street @ St. Andrew’ Kirk Hall. (250) 384-5734.
We’d love to hear what you think of this edition of The Blind Bulletin. If you have any questions, suggestions, or articles you would like to see included, please write to with ‘C/O Alex Jurgensen’ in the subject line.
As always, because we value your time and inbox space, we will not be sending bulletins out more than once a week. If at any time you wish to stop receiving bulletins, simply write to with “Unsubscribe FromThe The Blind Bulletin” in the subject line and we will remove you from the distribution list.
The Blind Bulletin Team
The Pacific Training Centre for the Blind